Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #698
Stickman
Stickman

Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Youell View Post
Ok, well at least have a marquee match with 'name' on it then.

The only guys I was interested in for the last show were Karo and Housten, now I admit to being a casual fan and most of my knowledge of UFC comes from those UFC unleashed shows that are on Bravo, but they were the most exciting fighters to me personally based on what I've seen them do.

I would think that they should be trying harder to get me as a casual to want to watch it, when it's Rampage Vs Chuck, I'm there, when it's Griffin Vs anyone, i'm there. But Bisping/Evans just doesn't set my world on fire. I know they need to build potential stars, but I think they are choosing the wrong type of people for the job

That's exactly my feeling. TUFers aren't necessarily stars. Yeah good fighters but just cuz somebody was on TUF doesn't mean they should headline a mediocre PPV. Try to put a title fight or a name on a card. Hell, had it been Rashad vs Tito 2 I would've been more interested. Tito vs Bisbing would've been something. No I'm not really a Tito fan but the guy creates a buzz.

Last edited by Stickman; 11-23-2007 at 01:00 PM.