Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 08:14 PM   #174
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
well speak of the devil...

http://www.irishwhipfighting.com/200...-arlovski.html

Quote:
Masson Liang: First off, how are things between you and Patrycja shaping up? Are you guys thinking of marriage anytime soon?
Andrei Arlovski: Everything is good with us, thank you for asking. We are in love, but not thinking about marriage.

ML: How has everything been going, as far as training goes? With a nearly four-month hiatus now, are you still keeping in tip-top shape and training even though, according to Joe silva, you don't have a fight booked?
AA: I always try and keep in shape. I take a couple weeks off after a fight and then go back to the gym. I get to work on technique for boxing, jiu-jitsu and wrestling and other things that need help. I also do some weights and conditioning.

ML: Many fans are wondering where you've been. When can "Pitbull" fans expect you back inside The Octagon?
AA: Hopefully soon. I was thinking September/October, but it is up to the UFC.

ML: Even though you won your last two bouts, even nearly knocking Marcio Cruz's head off, Dana White stated that you're last showings weren't very great and that it set you back. What are your feelings toward this?
AA: My opinion and my teams opinion is that I did a good job. It’s just the opinion of Dana White.

ML: Has UFC's treatment towards you changed in the past years and would you ever consider moving to another organization?
AA: I am very glad to be with the UFC and still have contract with them. I am UFC fighter now. Everything is good.

ML: What did it feel like to win the Heavyweight title from Tim Sylvia at UFC 51? Did you expect to win via Achilles lock?
AA: It was a very happy moment. I never know how I am going to win the fight but I always have a plan.

ML: In your words, what happened in your second bout with Sylvia? Did you think the fight was over after you rocked him the first time?
AA: I went out very confident that I would win. Yes I did... I thought when I dropped him on the ground I was sure I beat him again.

ML: Many critics said you weren't as aggressive in your fight with Werdum. Is there any reason behind this? Were there any injuries or were you just playing it safe and trying to keep the fight on its feet?
AA: I just follow instructions of my coaches and go and fight. Werdum is a very skilled fighter and I had to be careful with him on the ground.

ML: With PRIDE heavyweights, "Minotauro" Nogueira and Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, and many newcomers (i.e. Gabriel Gonzaga) now in the UFC, how do you rank yourself amongst the UFC Heavyweights today?
AA: It is very good for the UFC that Dana brought great fighters to the UFC. I hope that one day I will fight one of those new, big names.

ML: Is there any one particular fighter you would like to fight in the UFC? Perhaps a rematch with Tim Sylvia?
AA: I want to fight with the best and become heavyweight champion again. For sure I would like to fight with Tim Sylvia one more time if it is possible.

ML: Many people believe you match-up perfectly with "Cro Cop." How do you think you match-up with him?
AA: I think that we match up very well and if the UFC wants us to fight, we will. He is a very good fighter.

ML: In the ever-popular discussion of "Who can beat Fedor?" your name often appears. What strengths do you have that could carry you to victory over him?
AA: Thank you. When I was a champion I wanted to fight with Fedor but I don’t know that it is possible now. He is a great fighter, but I don’t think he is unbeatable.

ML: You recently landed a role as a Russian fighter in the movie "Never Submit." Can you tell us more about that?
AA: I am not doing that movie anymore.