Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 10:51 AM   #176
Mr Regal
Lord of all Manors

Mr Regal has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mr Regal has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mr Regal has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mr Regal has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mr Regal has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mr Regal has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Mr Regal has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reavant
your right but i mean not everyone is trying to put on a show. Sometimes guys actually want to win. Now I respect the showmanship, but when there is a lot on the line, its much smarter to play it a bit safer than to try something stupid and get caught. When it comes down to it, it should be about wins.

I think that they should have mini tournaments once a year to make a difinitive contender. They would still have championship matches all year, but they would then have a fighter that deserves it hands down no questions asked at least once a year.
I totally agree, the ultimate goal is to win. If your are winning all the time, entertaining or not, then you are the best.

My point is dana white seems to be all about the showmanship, but he is the one booking the fights between guys and then bashing them when they fight in the only style that will win them the match. Forgeting that it is all about the win.

UFC seems to be going in a strange direction, i don't really get the booking.

I agree with the tournament idea. I think if they billed it right it could do good money for them.