View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #17
Swiss Ultimate
Amazon Affiliate

Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
Hate to be a "super-smark, think about the business aspect over the storytelling" type, but is putting Cena over the entire roster (for a change) and then having Rock beat him a good idea in the long run?

Is it not saying "Hey look! This guy came back after 7 years and beat the guy that beat everybody else. Our current guys suck. LOL"?
I'm not saying for the Rock to win, I'm saying it's inconsequential. If Rock wins you can have him do it via nefarious means. Imagine Austin coming out of nowhere and stunning Cena as he's about to hit the AA on the Rock if you're curious to how it could be done while keeping Cena "legit". Hell, they could even keep the whole Rise Above Hate gimmick going with him taking that shit sandwich and going with it. I'm not trying to armchair book this thing mind you...

Part of the problem, as I see it, is the PR Campaign has gotten turned into a storyline and it severely restricts the uncreative minds that write the shows. If it was just Super-Cena who was a clean-cut babyface going up against tweener-heel Hollywood Rock the match would be a lot more interesting.

As is, they're going to take a semi-retired wrestler who is still ridiculously over and job him to guy who has gotten the shit beaten out of him by Kane and Mark Henry. He looks weak because of it and yet, does anybody buy Cena as a legitimate underdog even with all the shit they've done to him?

Cena as underdog is as silly as Hogan as underdog in 1990. Smarks might want him to lose and be happy when he does, but it doesn't really make sense for him to be shown so weak, even to elevate Kane and Henry, right before they want to stick him in the Main Event of Wrestlemania. I assure you the kids don't want to see their hero get his ass beat for a year and neither do the ladies.

Why do kids like Cena? The same reason they like Superman...it's wish-projection. They want to be the wise-cracking invincible guy with the great body. Women want to have sex with him, which plays into the whole wish-projection thing too.

Who wants to be a the WWE's closest thing to a pacifist ever and get his ass beaten constantly while also being booed at. The writers are overreaching with this attempt to humanize him and add depth to his character. They're just alienating his fans and giving the people booing more reason to hate him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
There should be a relatively small group of guys who can actually keep up with Cena (Punk, Orton, etc.) and everyone else either MAY be able to bring him to the brink of defeat on occasion or just isn't at his level yet. That's pretty much it. Cena should be winning about 90% of the time to justify his spot kayfabe-wise.

And also should definitely go over Rock.
Agreed.
Swiss Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote