View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 11:02 AM   #778
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Fuck it, I'll guess again after this week's events.

Raw Matches:

WWE Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman vs. Goldberg (C)

The Big Dog vs. The Deadman

Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker

Six Man Tag Team Match
Chris Jericho, Finn Balor, and Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe, and Triple H

Raw Women's Championship - Fatal Four Way

Bayley vs. Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte (C) w/ Dana Brooke

Raw Tag Team Championship - Fatal Four Way
Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. The New Day vs. Sheamus and Cesaro vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson (C)

Celebrity Attraction Match
Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal

The big change to most projected cards is Owens/Jericho and HHH/Rollins not happening, instead being merged into one with Triple H having alliances with Joe and Owens. If Seth is good to go, he could be in this match and not have the burden of working a full match on a balky knee. If not, this could be a spot to have Finn Balor return given his NXT history with Joe and the fact that Owens was gifted a Universal Title reign thanks to his injury.

I don't like the idea of running two four-way matches but I can easily see it happening. Charlotte wins the belt back at Fastlane to keep her PPV title match streak alive because of course she does. I bet the combined intros of Enzo/Cass and The New Day will last longer than the match itself.

SmackDown Matches:

WWE Championship - Triple Threat
Luke Harper vs. Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt (C)

Mixed Tag Team Match
John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. The Miz and Natalya w/ Maryse

The Face that Runs the Place vs. The Guy Who Actually Runs the Place
AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Baron Corbin vs. Dean Ambrose (C)

SmackDown Women's Championship - Lumberjill Match
Alexa Bliss vs. Naomi (C)

SmackDown Tag Team Championship
The Usos vs. American Alpha (C)

Luke Harper wins the battle royal on SmackDown next week and the WWE Title match becomes a Wyatt Family triple threat. The seeds were planted for AJ/Shane on Talking Smack, with Bryan basically passing the blame to Shane when Styles complained about not getting a one on one title rematch. Cena proposes after he and Nikki take out Miz and Nattie.

It feels weird not having Becky or Mickie wrestling, it's possible one of them goes up against Naomi instead. Would they seriously run yet another fatal four way? I'm not sure. Instead, the rest of the SmackDown women and maybe some special returns serve as lumberjills.

Other Matches:

WWE Cruiserweight Championship - 8-Man Ladder Match
Akira Tozawa vs. Austin Aries vs. The Brian Kendrick vs. Gran Metalik vs. Jack Gallagher vs. Rich Swann vs. TJ Perkins vs. Neville (C)

33-Man WrestleMania 33 Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Bo Dallas, Braun Strowman, Curtis Axel, Epico, Goldust, Jinder Mahal, Mark Henry, Primo, R-Truth, Rusev, Sin Cara, Titus O'Neil, Aiden English, Apollo Crews, Curt Hawkins, Dolph Ziggler, Fandango, Heath Slater, James Ellsworth, Kalisto, Konnor, Mojo Rawley, Rhyno, Simon Gotch, Tyler Breeze, Viktor, Ariya Daivari, Cedric Alexander, Drew Gulak, Lince Dorado, Mustafa Ali, Noam Dar, and Tony Nese

The ladder match is initially a 7-man affair like in previous WrestleManias with Neville defending against the other three men to hold the title (Perkins, Kendrick, Swann), the most recent #1 contender (Gallagher), and two men who earn wild card spots (Tozawa and Metalik). But I could see Aries being added to the mix last minute as a surprise.

Everyone else goes into the battle royal. Of that list I really can't imagine anybody other than Strowman winning. If they don't go with some of these other multi man matches they could possibly beef this thing up to the largest battle royal in WWE history and add a few more realistic winners.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote