View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #358
Fox
"Ask him!"

Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey View Post
Agree with Heros. I mean, just because you have multiple villians doesn't mean the story is going to suffer. The problem Spider-Man 3 ran into was trying to fit too much into the story.

I think Nolan will pull through. There's no reason to doubt him as he has yet to really disappoint. Not to mention, I'd figure he's a very driven guy, and the idea of being one of few who can pull of not only a sequel, but a 2nd sequel and make it great as a stand alone film, sounds like something he'd want to do.

This has also been his largest and longest tenured project. I don't think he's going to allow it go in the dump.
The problem Spider-Man 3 ran into was forgetting it was a superhero movie and turning it into some kind of obscure romantic comedy (the dance scene ffs) and focusing less on bad ass action sequences and more on crappy scenes of Peter being a goth and Mary Jane whining like a little bitch. Also, casting Topher Grace as Venom was the worst idea ever.

DKR will be awesome. I have complete faith in Christopher Nolan, the studio is going to let him do what he wants to do, and I have yet to see a Nolan movie that didn't blow me away in all aspects.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote