View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 09:36 AM   #32
mike adamle
His name is Jeff Harvey

mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)mike adamle has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
The WWF was not "the big time." The NWA was not some Indy. Thats either you being a mark or revisionist history. Your pick.

Theybtried to bury Dusty so if he ever left he'd be damaged good. He took a shit gimmick and got super fucking over. You're literally trying to bury a guy over stuff you admit you never saw.
When did I ever say I didn't see him? I said I was too young/not born yet and didn't watch at the time. That doesn't mean I haven't gone back and watched a lot of old NWA (but you're right if you bring anything up before the first Starrcade, haven't watched any NWA before then.)

Almost all wrestlers say they wanted to go to WWF if they had a choice, hence me calling it "big time." That doesn't mean I consider the NWA to be an indy, that's me saying WWF was number 1.

Undertaker took a shit gimmick and really got himself over. Dusty had a shit gimmick and didn't really do anything with it, he was just over because people knew who he was. (That right there is my opinion and not a proveable fact obviously.)

Like I said before, if you can show me something Dusty did that maybe I overlooked I'm more than open to it, but as of right now (and I've always thought this) Dusty Rhodes is probably the most overrated wrestler ever. Obviously that's just one man's opinion, you're more than welcome to try to change that opinion instead of just saying it's revisionist history.
mike adamle is offline   Reply With Quote