View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 09:56 AM   #34
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike adamle View Post
When did I ever say I didn't see him? I said I was too young/not born yet and didn't watch at the time. That doesn't mean I haven't gone back and watched a lot of old NWA (but you're right if you bring anything up before the first Starrcade, haven't watched any NWA before then.)

Almost all wrestlers say they wanted to go to WWF if they had a choice, hence me calling it "big time." That doesn't mean I consider the NWA to be an indy, that's me saying WWF was number 1.
it was hyperbole based off them using hollywood to push their product. It wasnt drawing number any diferent than the NWA. Dusty went to new york because after tully and arn left over money they thought Flair was going to leave too and the only way to keep Flair was to dump Dusty. Dusty wasnt trying to go "play with the big boys" or whatever absurd propoganda youve bought into.

Quote:
Undertaker took a shit gimmick and really got himself over. Dusty had a shit gimmick and didn't really do anything with it, he was just over because people knew who he was. (That right there is my opinion and not a proveable fact obviously.)
regardless of takers gimmick being shit (disagree) the fed wanted to get him over. They had no interest in getring dusty over. He still got over. Same with kurt. Kurt had the machine behind him. Dusty didnt need it.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote