View Single Post
Old 09-17-2023, 07:13 PM   #60
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchables View Post
i think the issue is they're trying so hard to make him this big-deal heel but he still only seems to generate x-pac heat

i get trying to make him seem genuinely unlikeable by "it doesn't matter"ing the rock and whatever but all that segment did was make him look worse than a 50-year-old part-timer and also pat mcafee, idk
That's the biggest problem with him. I guess I didn't see any of his initial run really... just from his match with Steve Austin onward.... I hear tell that he was "less serious" back then... which would be great.

The big problem is they try to present him as "serious" and "legit", but then he had a never-ending US Title reign where I don't think he actually "earned" any victories, but just cheated or squeaked out a win or whatever.

Which is all fine and good if you play that up, but instead everyone, including the commentators, kept trying to push how legit he was... and rather than being like a smarmy coward type even Theory tries to present himself as bigtime legit....

And it just doesn't work because there is a huge disconnect in what we actually see from his character.
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote