View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #5166
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm actually wondering if they could legally do this, to be honest. Seems like if they block used games, then they are basically destroying businesses like Gamestop, and I don't know how well that would fly. I don't pretend to understand corporate law by any means, but it does seem like Gamestop and other businesses like it would have some kind of claim if they were forced out of the market.

Besides, if even one console announces it will block used games, then the other 2 will allow them, no questions asked, just because of the shit ton of extra revenue they would gain from their competitors loss. The system that blocks used games will lose the next generation of console wars and will probably put the company into a massive loss.

Plus if used games get blocked then piracy will just shoot through the roof again with people figuring out how to work around the blocks put in place. Never underestimate the ingenuity of a disgruntled consumer.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote