Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 01:54 PM   #2186
Rob
Part time poster

Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reavant View Post
I dont think that Barnett has the tools to beat Arlovski. I mean he is way more dominant on the grownd and if he got andrei there he would kill him, but I dont think he can do it.

Barnett has OK hands. Andrei would light him up on the feet.

Barnett has a pretty good body clinch that he can use for throws and takedowns, but so does andrei. In fact Andrei is the only guy Ive ever wrestled that had a better clinch than me that wasnt an all-american wrestler. I really cant imagine that Barnett coud be any better but who knows I guess.

And andrei is way to fast for any of Barnett's shots, so I dont see how he could get him to th grownd unless Andrei does a bone hea thing where he lays on the mat like he did with Rothwell.
Barnett would get him down easy. Worst wrestlers than Barnett have done before. Personally I think Barnett would walk through Arlovski.

And for whoever asked about Randy Couture, it's not even a lock he is free in October. If the courts say he needs to fulfill his full UFC contract than that is that. He is chosing not to fight. UFC isn't holding him to ransom because they want to use him. I think Randy is going back there to lose to Nog and retirement.