View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #646
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
* Bo Dallas actually showed something! That's awesome. He's young, seems to green for his current position, but he's got a bright future ahead of him. He seemed to be more natural as a cocky personality. I also love it when a face tricks a heel. I can't really identify with "stupid faces," but when a heel does something because they are provoked or because of their pride, if you think they are foolish, you are at least thinking it of the person you are meant to want to see get beat.

* Kind of forgot that Yoshi Tatsu & Percy Watson existed. I wish the WWE would do more with both.

* Conor O'Brian looks more intimidating with his new look. Kenneth Cameron surprised me with his flip into the ring. I do like these guys as a team, but they don't really have anyone substantial to feud with. I just had the random thought of an Ascension vs. Briscoe Brothers feuds, which I think would be really cool if the WWE somehow landed Jay and Mark.

* Layla seems so forced as a babyface.

* Corey Graves still exists! Really wanted to like that guy when I saw him that one time on one of the early Full Sail NXT episodes. He's got a distinct look, and he's got this vibe that he just doesn't give a fuck. He really does seem like that guy who smoked cigarettes in elementary school. He's got dark loner down-pat. It works well as a heel that lacks empathy for his opponents, but his frame and rebellious attitude could also make him an intriguing babyface down the line.

* LOL, poor Oliver. He thought the fans were going to get behind his comeback but they were chanting "Let's go Corey!"

* The submission win for Graves made sense, because he targeted the leg. Smart and logical. I think he could be a good regular addition to NXT. Oliver Gray was also perfectly likeable as the enhancing babyface.

* Oh god...they're letting Langston talk again? "Big End" Langston? I like it, although it does sound kind of euphemistic. I kind of like Langston's goofy promo style. It's like he chooses every word he begins his sentence off with so carefully. Why does every guy need to ooze intensity, even during promos? Just let him talk as he does and kick ass in the ring. The best part of this was Tony Luftman doing his best to put Langston over as an enjoyable force by nodding when Langston brings up "five reasons." Langston has been to the Matt Striker school of interviewing, I see.

* I will give whoever is behind NXT creatively credit for knowing that Langston doesn't need to compete every week to be over. This also seems to set up Langston vs. Camacho quite nicely. Cam should be the first guy to get in any sort of meaningful offence on Langston.

* Dusty's former daughter-in-law here. Wait, did she and Goldust actually get married? I know she turned on Goldust eventually, but was that before or after the "I do's?"

* Trust the NXT developmental Divas to be better in the ring than the main roster girls. Aksana probably shouldn't be used in the ring. As she began to channel Xenia Onatopp from Goldeneye, she got better, but still.

* Roman Reigns playing to the cameras and showing a bit more personality. Nice. Not entirely sold on the guy in the ring just yet. He'll get better. He looks comfortable, if nothing else. Byron Saxton was the ring announcer? I wonder where he went. He does a good job, but I wish they used him more. He did a great job forcing enthusiasm.

* You know, that wasn't a bad main event. People don't give Jinder Mahal enough credit around here, and Bo will be something one day. I like the decision to have Mahal win cleanly -- it builds him as the rightful #1 Contender and a threat to Rollins' NXT Championship. Rollins making the save was a perfect ending to the show.

NXT continues to be the best booked thing on WWE television. This episode did suffer from a notable and depressing lack of Paige, however.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote