View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 06:16 PM   #19
NeanderCarl
That's Not My Name

NeanderCarl puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)NeanderCarl puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)NeanderCarl puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)NeanderCarl puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)NeanderCarl puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)NeanderCarl puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)NeanderCarl puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)NeanderCarl puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)NeanderCarl puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
I'd imagine it's Fink's decision.
It's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
Vince would be dumber than I thought if Fink wanted to work.
He is.

Fink genuinely considers himself the greatest ring announcer of all time - and probably is, to be fair - but is a victim of the WWE's ageist attitude towards those who can actually do the job properly but are the victim of having been around since the 70s and 80s.

I guess it was a much smoother process to stick some broad on the mic and have her read prepared introductions than find someone to call an entire show. Hence Fink was much easier to replace than the likes of Jim Ross, who WWE would also much rather be without if only they could find somebody even half as good.

It's all about image. Perception is reality, and all that jazz. WWE doesn't feel they can be "cool" with guys in their 50s and 60s in prominent positions on the screen (unless their name is McMahon of course). It's the reason they took Fink off air. It's the reason they retired Flair. It's the reason they've tried to humiliate and replace JR for the better part of a decade. Apparently younger is better, in their eyes. Fuck experience, who needs it??

A few months back, Fink publically expressed his desire to work even one solitary show this year, so that his announcing career could officially encompass five different decades. To the best of my knowledge, he has yet to be 'allowed' to do so.
NeanderCarl is offline   Reply With Quote