View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
Next Big Thing

Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
I think Roy Nelson gets a title shot before he faces Brock. The winner of the Carwin/Nelson fight was supposed to be the new number one contender for the JDS/Velasquez winner. With Carwin hurt I don't see how Nelson should be overlooked. I also don't see Mir leapfrogging him for a shot.

Brock's got that six month medical suspension too so we won't see him till late April at the earliest and that fight will likely be a tune up match. Kongo perhaps? Maybe Mir. Then we'll probably see Brock get his rematch not necessarily because he deserves it, but because if Brock dominates that return fight the fans will likely be clamoring for it and Dana isn't going to ignore the drawing power of Brock.

Just my humble opinion.