View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 01:38 PM   #38
Theo Dious
EATER OF HOT POCKETS

Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
This Rumble bears a pretty big resemblance to the previous year's; it's a showcase of the mid- and upper cards of the WWF at the time, you have a few feuds of the day weaving in and out of it, and Hogan takes the win at the end. It's fairly forgettable to be honest. The idea that someone other than Hogan would win was laughable to me as a child at the time. The idea that Earthquake might somehow steal the win from him was an outside possibility, but that feud had so little heat left I'm still astonished that they made it the final focus of the match at all. The real hot things on the card had aleady taken place; Slaughter took the belt from the Warrior, and Virgil turned on DiBiase. When the Rumble is in third place to anything else on the PPV, it's not great. Piper's commentary wasn't fantastic either, though Monsoon made a valiant effort to carry him, he came across as disjointed and confused through most of it (granted that was a lot of Piper commentary even if he did have his moments.) Also I'm pretty sure you can spot Shane McMahon as a referee trying to contain the spillout from the Rick Martel/Jake Roberts brawl.

Match: B-
Commentary: C-
Winner: C
Theo Dious is offline   Reply With Quote