View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Corporate CockSnogger

Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Corporate CockSnogger makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Once again my laptop's being crappy.

Yeah just a few months after resetting it all, it started doing the same thing. It's a crap old laptop I know, but I can't afford to replace it just now, so it'll have to do.

Basically, as in my other thread from a few months back, it was just freezing all the time after a couple of minutes, except in Safe Mode. So I did the reset thingy again, and all was fine. Then my friend gave me an external hard drive to throw all my files on just so I didn't have to go through the rigmarole of copying them all to disc again if it were to crash again.

So I put all the files on there, and the laptop was working fine again after the reset, and I should've probably just left it at that. But I wanted to reformat the hard drive so I could just watch films and tv shows straight off that onto my xbox. So... I copied the files over temporarily to my laptop while I reformatted it. Changed all the hard drive, then as I was trying to send the files back again it crashed, and now it crashes every time I try to transfer files to anything, whether it be to the hard drive, to a normal usb stick or even just moving from one folder to another. So now my files are stuck on my laptop.

I've looked around a bit on google but there's so many contradicting and also outdated answers. Any help would be great, remember I'm a technodunce and have no idea what most the jargon means so babytalk please.

Thanks to anyone who has a clue on how I can fix this.