Thread: The Dark Knight
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 05:47 PM   #238
Fryza
Fthagn?

Fryza puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Fryza puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Fryza puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Fryza puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Fryza puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Fryza puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Fryza puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Fryza puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Fryza puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe2222
you will only get the Joker so realistic to a point. You cannot totally rework the character where he is losing the traits that make him so recognizable. Hopefully the performance will be menacing enough for you not to feel like it is campy.
Not really, Joker would be 'cartoonish', but you could easily make him realistic.

First off, he's a solipsist. The reason he believes it's okay to do wrong is because none of this is 'real'. The only real thing is him (and Batman), the rest is just a game.

Secondly, he's a sociopath and criminally insane, possibly completely psychotic. In the comics, it's been hinted he's not insane at all, and other comics say he's fully out of his gord.

The best way to make the Joker more realistic is to tone done the bright colors, have him darker in color (deep purple and greens. Leave the white and red of course).

Bump the movie to 'R', and have him actually MURDER people on screen (some implied is fine). The one thing that I disliked about Nicholson's Joker was how campy it was. He did murder someone, but he was massively gimmicked. Make this Joker have the gimmicks, but actually kill people with guns.

Next, make him intelligent, but break out into fits of laughter randomly. Keep him off kilter, almost in lack of control of his own thoughts.

Also, I have only read the last pages, but is Murphy's Scarecrow returning? I think a Scarecrow/Joker team-up would be ideal, and would help benefit Joker. Eventually when they turn on each other, Scarecrow uses the fear gas and it doesn't effect Joker at all. I believe that had been done in the comics, and it would establish the fact Joker is a very threatening man.

Also, I want to see a corn maze of death <3.

Edit: Also, make the Joker the a creepy sonofabitch. Much like Scarecrow from Begins, make Joker someone that gives you the chills on screen, and that lasts after the movie. Not someone you see and laugh at.

Last edited by Fryza; 06-17-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Fryza is offline   Reply With Quote