View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 04:06 PM   #56
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgeous Dale Newstead View Post
7 is astronomical, but I was overstepping to make a point. Taking into account some of the valid points you have made, (because you actually took the time to make some sense here) I think all in all ratings in the low mid 4s even creeping in high mid 4s would indicate the product operating at full potential.

Wrestling is just not as hot as it was. Wrestlemania is big but that's it. Maybe rumble and summerslam as well. There has always been down periods but then there was an up period to even it out. We are all waiting for wrestling as a whole to really come back with some weight, and the neat and tidy corporate inside the box while indicative of a nicely run brand and commodity does not speak for wrestling and the integrity of the brand.
Yeah but you're just making that "low mid 4" number up. There's no evidence to suggest that is what the WWE optimal point is. As I've been saying here for weeks, you have to look at the competition. Nobody other MNF is doing the kind of viewership numbers that RAW does. So as much as you can say "it should be this or that", at the end of the day being #1 counts for a lot.

I'm personally not waiting for anything with sports entertainment. I like the product as is. Do I love every segment? Nope. But I didnt love a lot of segments back when you felt WWE was at their peak. Especially when I look back. Quite frankly I am borderline embarrassed that I supported the product the way it was. Women were treated like whores, the boys were risking life and limb to one up each other, and the antics on screen were cringe worthy at many points in the run. This was evident by the lack of money WWE was able to generate in TV rights fees even though their ratings were as you mentioned through the roof. At least now I am not ashamed to turn on WWE programming. Dalemay not be enjoying the product - hopefully you are avoiding the show at all costs. But for people like me, I think the product is light years ahead of where it was.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote