View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMess View Post
Something tells me Punker would look super legitimate with that WWE Championship belt.

Moreso than the World Title. See him running the show as champion I would enjoy.

If this report is true, it does sound an awful lot like he's pushing buttons to see how far they will go to keep him, like Xero said.
Actually I could see Punk being the end of the "Spinner" belt. It would look pretty weird on him if he were to win it. I could see him bringing out a more "respectable" belt. (I was gonna cite that he would say that the blinged up title shouldn't represent wrestling/wrestlers but, well, y'know...).

On topic though...I don't think Punk will ever be the "go-to" top guy. I see him like a Chris Jericho or even a Christian, he's a fantastic wrestler that makes the real top guys look good. Besides, he just had back-to-back fueds with the top two faces in the company, what more could he want? I mean, aside from going over, but that ain't gonna happen.

WWE does need him though. With Edge retired, HHH/Taker as good as and the likes of Batista AWOL. Mind you, a certain Chris Jericho could very well come back and fill his spot. If Punk is playing games, he needs to be careful.
XL is offline   Reply With Quote