View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #11
StevieA79

StevieA79 does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
On topic though...I don't think Punk will ever be the "go-to" top guy. I see him like a Chris Jericho or even a Christian, he's a fantastic wrestler that makes the real top guys look good. Besides, he just had back-to-back fueds with the top two faces in the company, what more could he want? I mean, aside from going over, but that ain't gonna happen.
Punk reminds me of Chris Jericho when he left the last time he was burnt out and disillusioned with his position in the company, fully understandable I mean giving everything week in week out and not getting the position you deserve has got to be HARD man I mean the likes of Jericho and Punk give everything for the company. I whole heartedly believe his stock will go up if he leaves the company for a while and returns much like Jericho.

He can still be the "go-to" guy you have to remember CM Punk is just 32 so he still has a good 6 or 7 years left. The thing is though he needs to take some time out and return when he is ready.

Being the "Ironman" is commendable and all but sometimes you have to leave and let the landscape change. Return when your stock rises it will in time I have full faith in CM Punk he can be a main eventer, most veterans see the potential in Punk I think he is overlooked as a legit talent in the WWE and it's a real shame he seems to be stuck in limbo right now.

He has to do what's right for CM Punk right now not the company.
StevieA79 is offline   Reply With Quote