View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #40
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
it will be interesting to see what happens if rashad can get rampage on his back. If the rashad/bisbing or rashad/silva fight is any indication, he needs to do more on top or else hes going to be put back on his feet.

I actually question the power rashad has in his hands compared to the higher rated strikers out there. He has 5 (t)kos out of his 14 wins with only 2 being on the feet with one strike. The head kick and the overhand against chuck. Im sorry but I dont see him having anywhere near the punching power of rampage. A single one punch KO against an aging chuck liddel who had his hands down doesnt prove much to me.

I do think that jackson's camp will put together a good gameplan for Rashad to follow to beat rampage. He just has to stick to it and not get hit with the power shots.

On a side note, ever notice how jardine fights a guy first then after they get to see what the opponent does against jardine, rashad gets a crack at him? maybe its just a coincidence a couple times but i think this is the 3rd or 4th time it will happen.

Anyway, one huge thing that is going to hurt rampage is he has slowed down A LOT since coming to the UFC. Not so much in hand speed, but in the sense that he doesnt move around at all anymore. She stands in one spot and swings when you get near him, which is why jardine almost beat him the same way he beat liddel until he got clipped with the big hook. Rampage used to go after guys and use his wrestling, which hurt him a few times against the Brazilian savages in pride, but there are some guys that he would kill doing that in the UFC.

Neither, I would think, need to worry about submissions. Rashad has never pulled one off in a fight, and im willing to bet rampage doesnt even train them anymore.

I see this fight as either a (t)ko for rampage or a close to unanimous decision for rashad.