View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 10:33 PM   #308
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
If they don't do Owens vs. Jericho, I imagine that they will be RAW Tag Team Champions still doing their full shtick as best friends. When coming up with a match that is "big" enough for them, The New Day really seem like the best opponents, given that they are such heavy merchandise movers. I've posted that I'd love to see American Alpha vs. Owens & Jericho, but I just can't see it for whatever reason. Sheamus & Cesaro function as transitional champions to get the belts onto Owens & Jericho for the big WrestleMania tag between the top faces of the division and the hottest double-act they have. Sheamus & Cesaro probably don't split, but rather do a "Welp, shall we enter the Battle Royal and kick ass together and hope it's us at the end?" thing. Can't believe that Show vs. Shaq is a lock. Seems a perfect fit to head into the Battle Royal. Yeah, both were in it last year, but Shaq wasn't advertised.

I can see The Wyatt Family being over sooner rather than later, sadly, and that probably leaves Orton to face Bray with Harper in the Battle Royal, on the outside or in the inevitable Ladder Match for the IC Title. I thought about a Triple Threat, but Orton has been in so damn many at WrestleMania, and the three-way gimmick doesn't really add anything to the drama.

A RAW Women's Title match makes sense, and I can see the WWE being scared of not doing one after all this Women's Revolution talk, because it hearkens back to the days where the Divas Title was only defended at Mania once. That being said, I wonder if Charlotte vs. Nikki Bella in a Champion vs. Champion Match is the best way to go? It's kind of frustrating to your average fan to have two Women's Champions defending on the same show, because it's kind of got a "Well, who really is the best women's wrestler" problem, since you don't see them fight. I think Champion vs. Champion Matches are problematic, but I could see it. After all, Charlotte has pretty much burnt through everyone on the RAW side. Sasha, Becky & Bayley can team up to face Alexa, Nattie & Nia or something. Two women's matches, you spread out your "revolution" girls, get some new ones on the show, pay respect to a veteran, keep the Samoans happy and have two very different looking matches with different stakes.

There's a similar problem with the SmackDown Tag Titles, but I can see the WWE just not caring about those belts. American Alpha can retain in your stock Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Match at their first Mania on the Kickoff. The Usos would be logical opponents. Slater & Rhyno are probably broken up by then, but maybe. The Fashion Police can be in there. The last team may even be The Revival, who I can see being called up according to plans, but not getting the push that you'd hope because of their tweeting.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote