View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 11:55 AM   #314
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm pipe-dreaming with Styles vs. Michaels, but it is within the realm of possibility. When HBK retired, it was actually before all this part-timer stuff started happening. That really kicked up in 2012 with The Rock and Brock Lesnar. And while HBK was probably happy being retired then, just two years after those classics with Taker, who is to say that his kids aren't just that bit older and said "We'd love to see you wrestle one more time, daddy." I mean, that's just speculation, but the difference between his son being 10 and 17 and daughter being 6 and 13 is pretty huge. And maybe he's just gotten itchy?

It would have been great for Shawn Michaels to come back against Daniel Bryan, but that was still only a few years after his retirement, and once you get to WrestleMania XXX it was basically injuries for Bryan. Maybe there'd have been more talk if Bryan had stayed healthy? And there's also that personal element to it. HBK and Bryan are both professionals and surely Bryan owes a lot to HBK, but they seem like very different people. Maybe they don't "get along" as well as we project onto them? Not in the sense that HBK would be dying to come out of retirement to work with him, anyway.

I dunno, there are a lot of variables that could all be in play here. The reason I'm hoping so hard for it is because AJ Styles, more than anyone since Bryan, feels like the perfect guy for it. He teased it with that Twitter post, and while Styles could have just been feeding the "Fantasy Warfare come to life" gimmick, it put vibes out there. I probably look into things too much when I read HBK denying that anyone has approached him about doing the match and I immediate think "That's bullshit -- I'm sure the only reason Vince doesn't call you every day and ask you to return is to respect your wishes not to be bugged literally every day."

Brock vs. Nakamura is something I do see happening at some point, but maybe not in the immediate future. I'm actually fine with Brock vs. Shane at Mania. Brock is good at kicking ass and Shane is good at getting his ass kicked. It's a perfect dynamic in many ways. Plus, if they're going to re-sign Brock (and Vince will try) then they're going to need to feed him. I'd rather see Shane take on that role than a younger talent who is going to be just another guy who lost to Brock Lesnar.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote