Thread: The Dark Knight
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 12:17 PM   #40
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I was motioning more toward the revitalized comic-movie ressurgance in the late 90's onward (which Marvel's Blade lead on). Since then, respectable movies based on comics came about, picking up where Superman and Batman left off. Between that timespan... Spawn?

Both DC and Marvel began to take their movie properties very seriously with different plans. Avi Arad took a proactive role in making sure movies didn't bastardize Marvel's characters. We got Spider-Man 2, but we also got Daredevil. Then Elektra. Still, I got alot of stuff to hunt for my Marvel collection (based on films stemming from the more focused direction). DC also began to take their stuff seriously, but the plan was developed based on observing Marvel's ways. "We can release 3 films a year, or one major property a year." That philosophy is close to Nintendo's Quality vs. Quantity belief, which I always agreed with. Marvel's approach reminded me of Playstation's stigma, a mountain of titles to choose from (something they often used as advertisement) although very few were worth playing. The same pros apply as well, atleast there's a lot to work with.

Another similarity with DC Films and Nintendo is that you have to wait a while before you get good stuff.

So while you see my comparison's as fanboyism toward the Big N, I really don't have any issues showing both sides of the coin. Their are pros and cons to both distribution philosophies and I'am aware of them.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote