View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #242
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I also take the "wait and see" approach. Almost any argument I have to support this has already be weighed by others. People hate on the Ben Affleck decision because it's cool to hate on Ben Affleck.

I think he was decent as Daredevil in spite of it being a pretty shitty film in much the same way Halle Berry was on point in Monster's Ball (judgment not swayed by her repeated nudity)... she acted her ASS OFF in a very, very, VERY stupid movie, but she sucked ass in one of the biggest franchises ever in X-Men. In-universe, Brandon "who-the-hell-is-this-guy" Routh's Superman was pretty indistinguishable from the now iconic performance by Christopher Reeves, and that Kevin Spacy can even phone in a top-notch Lex Luthor... didn't stop Superman Returns itself from being sub-par.

Yeah, Ben's turned in some pretty hammy bullshit, but he's also done some grade A acting in his career as well.

Besides, sight unseen, he is ALREADY a better Bruce Wayne than Val Kilmer was. We'll see if he can hit anywhere near that that magical "Keaton balance" donning the cape and cowl. As long as he doesn't try and duplicate Bale's gravel gargling, I think he'll be okay.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote