View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 08:53 AM   #9
Wolverine
Art Teacher

Wolverine does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL View Post
I'd be very surprised if this was the case post like 1980-odd in terms of using a wooden ring, especially in the "big leagues"

I'd bet it's pretty much simply down to a different set up in terms of sound/the ring mics volume levels, namely that they were turned way up in WCW, and the fact that WCW and ECW used a smaller, more compact ring compared to WWF/E's monster rings. I believe the only real difference between the rings themselves (at the end) were the ropes (WCW used heavy steel cable ropes again adding to the compactness/"rigidity", WWF/E the traditional coated/covered ropes)
And this may be right, I'm going off of both a site I read it on but it gave no background info on if/when rings set up changed, and a friend of mine who had helped set up those rings, There were differences in the ropes and I know WCW/ECW used a heavier material for the turnbuckles (at least from what I've heard). Though I do believe the frames were different between the two as well, maybe not a wood frame but now I'm going into speculation on stuff I don't know enough about.
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote