View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #65
Boomer
The Wretched

Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Boomer has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
It was opened a year or two after the 1996 Olympics, which was why it was built in the first place. So technically the Braves (I believe) have been leasing the stadium from whoever paid for it previously and probably want a larger stake in the new stadium. Atlanta fans are stunned right now. Turner has never been my favorite park (it's not exactly in the best location in Atlanta for people to get to easily, and it's near a pretty run-down area), so I'm not mad or anything, but I'm not sure moving the park is going to change some of the problems Turner already has (public transit in Atlanta is completely awful). The new park is next to an exit for two big interstates in Atlanta, so while getting there might be easier in theory, traffic at that intersection is always bad and this will just make it worse.