View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 09:08 AM   #161
KIRA
Celestia's Left Hand

KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
In response to Franchise I just want to say that you, sir, are the very definition of bias. You keep spouting out that "there are more guys on the roster than Bryan", but what that actually boils down to is "I don't like Bryan and I want to see my favorite superstars pushed more".

Every reason you've given for Bryan being unworthy is purely based on your own hatred of him, and on your own bias toward other wrestlers. Ziggler, much as I love him, is no better suited to be "face of the company" than Bryan. If Bryan isn't face of the company material then Dolph certainly isn't. Same thing goes for Wyatt, Cesaro, etc.

You've even admitted it yourself that you watch wrestling out of nostalgia. It's time to face facts, Jack. The WWE isn't a static thing. New stars need to be born, and those new stars will never live up to your standards because you're wearing rose tinted nostalgia glasses that will always make your favorites from the past seem better (even though they aren't).

I mean for Christ's sake you keep saying Sting vs Triple H should and WILL be the main event at 'Mania, but it won't. I honestly don't care how much you THINK it will, it won't, period. It will be a major selling point and one of the main events of 'Mania, but it will not be THE main event of 'Mania. Sting vs Triple H isn't that big a deal with WWE's current fanbase. Most kids don't even know who the hell Sting is. This match will be second banana to the title match and you can bank on that.

As for Bryan being done when the Authority storyline is over that's horse shit. First and foremost I'd like to point out that Authority storylines are a dime a dozen in pro-wrestling. Do you honestly believe that when the Authority is gone they'll stay gone? If so you seriously need to go back and watch some Network stuff because there's been an evil authority figure in wrestling almost consistently since the attitude era. GMs, COOs, CEOs, McMahons, whatever they've all been there nonstop and will continue to be. Even if Triple H and Steph are done after 'Mania there will be someone else in no time to fill the void. So even if Bryan were only capable of that one dynamic he'll always have that one dynamic to play off of. However, to say he can't do other things proves that you've either not been paying attention to him or are just too bias to admit you're wrong. Bryan has more than proven his range since his MitB win. I won't argue that he's a "Legend" because he's not (well, not yet), but the guy is every bit on the level of a Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, or Bret Hart. Given a few more years he could even reach "light" legend status like those guys have. He'll never be a Hogan or Rock, but he can be and is an Angle or Hart easily. To say he'll flounder out in a year or two like you have is purely opinion, and purely bias.
Thats what I'm talking about, Franchise you almost make it sound like none of us remember or experenced the Attitude era we do and we did, which is why so many of us can still say Bryan is fucking awesome. Hes not just the best we could find in an era of utter shite hes legitimately a badass likeable superstar in his own right we're basically saying yea we can stack him against our heros of yester year and he's still the goods.
KIRA is offline   Reply With Quote