View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 04:10 AM   #1170
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
I think it does. Why else would Capcom have their own characters get made to look weak and inferior in pretty much every trailer?
I imagine Capcom scripted those movies as a courtesy. To show that the Tekken guests in their universe can hang.

Quote:
I like the "bare bones" style of SF. It goes like this, in simple terms:
Someone does a single move
It does or doesn't hit
The fight moves on.
Pretty wild simplification. SF always had a game of space control and range using normals and specials. What you described was every fighting game ever. But yeah, that's fairly 'basic' compared to other fighters (especially compared to King of Fighters).

Quote:
The Tekken cast seem to work in another way. They land one punch, not even a special punch, a normal punch and they can now bounce you around for 15 seconds and take off a large amount of health with no way for you to escape until they stop.
That's a key component of Tekken's game, though.

Quote:
Maybe the Tekken cast should be a little weaker if they can do such long combos?
I'd say the Street Fighters still have a hold on the spacing game, much better anti-air options, and are more 'spam friendly' than the Tekken cast (spamming being key to SF).

I don't find Cammy to be at a disadvantage, for instance. A cannon spike is a canon spike. Keeping the Tekken cast out depends on blocking, and I can understand how native SF players may find the toe-to-toe mixup games overly aggressive.

I was playing Fignuts and had trouble with his Heihachi, and I started to stand my ground by simply avoiding his neutral jump kick which started his ground bounce combos. Once I stopped feeding him he adjusted, and so the metagame unfolds.

The combos are a bitch, but you can identify and stop them. People who dig the Tekken cast complain about lack of anti-air and having to get in to do anything worth while. Things start to look clear when you remember they're in SF's world.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote