View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #2351
alvarado52
Two weeks.

alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLegend View Post
I resent Boston fans, Laker fans, New York fans(primarily Yankee fans), and Cowboys fans is because they feel like a World Championship is there birthright. Once you feel entitled to something that's where all the problems start.
thats a real generalization there. Ive been a Laker fan all my life, but the problem with people like Wadding is they talk down to Laker fans for having faith in their team.

Sure, some fans (see the Bandwagoners discussed earlier) can be annoying, but there are more Laker/Boston fans who see the game for what it is than you think.

Just because i feel the Lakers will win the championship doesnt mean im cocky, it means they had the best record, they are my team, and i will have faith in them until the final buzzer sounds, regardless of the outcome.

The difference, NBA wise, is that The Lakers have played in almost half the NBA championships in NBA history, so clearly youre gonna hear alot of a team so consistent with making it to the big game.

And anyone with sports history knows that the Celts have the most titles with 17, and the Lakers with 15. So if you base your hatred off championship success, i can see why you would hate the franchises listed, because they are consistintly (with Cowboys being the exception) competing heavily for a title.

As for the fans, the true fans...any real fan of any sports franchise will always have faith in their team. I have friends who are die hard Raider fans, and while i cant stand the 'Raider Nation', i applaud them for being so proud, no matter where there team is in the standings.