View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #329
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus View Post
What is your definition of clean? If Ryback cause a distraction and Curt capitalizes then Cena loses nothing. If Triple H's head explodes and Curt capitalizes then Triple H loses nothing. These count out victories just don't mean anything.
I don't think the victories mean nothing, but Axel would have looked far more impressive if he had gone after Triple H when he began to falter, beat him around ringside and looked like a hungry shark that smelled blood. I still think that Axel beating Triple H with the Pedigree would have been the ultimate insult to injury and would have added more reason to want to see an Axel vs. Triple H rematch.

The only problem with Axel beating Cena by countout was that it sends the message that Cena didn't care if he lost to Axel. The roll-up finish would have been perfect. Cena wouldn't leave the ring, but his attention would be turned away from Axel, who would capitalise when he saw the opportunity.

Axel vs. Cena II could have ended almost exactly the same way, except after Ryback puts Cena through the table, Axel just laughs, knowing he has Cena where he wants him. He pulls Cena back into the ring and hits him with a Perfect Plex to get the pin.

None of the wins are "clean," but they show Axel to be opportunistic, vicious and talented. On the flip side of the coin: There is a certain psychology behind Axel just taking victories however he can. It doesn't make him much of a heel, though. He's just doing his job. I think the ball just needs to stop spinning on the type of character Axel is going to be.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote