View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #341
CSL
Over Like Rover

CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJabbaNoBogRoll View Post
If you've perfected a move to the point that it pretty much always puts your opponent down for three, then you should probably be looking to hit it whenever the opportunity arises.

However, your opponent also knows this, so it shouldn't be possible to successfully hit your finisher in every match, when your opponent is looking out for it.

This is why I have a problem with the whole "I'm heading up top, uncharacteristically, so that I can dive towards Randy Orton, neck first" thing.
I agree with the "your opponent knows this" part but people are paying to see these things, you can't send them home empty handed. In an ideal world, that'd be great. Although that could be a nice addition to some variety of feud somewhere, the heel knows the babyface so well that he always manages to avoid finish, have the announcers play on that and so forth and once he finally hits it in "the blowoff match", done properly with the right person, it could get whatever that move is over huge.

Completely with you on the last part however, I think I was the only person that wasn't at all a fan of Bourne's SSP into the RKO for example and that one even made sense given it was Bourne's finish, I just don't think it looked very good/required a little bit too much "suspension of disbelief" although some are great, Punk's springboard into the RKO for example) I understand why they do it however, people eat that stuff up and the name of the game is "make them yell loudest for longest". Misguided/warped takes on that are the reason so much indy wrestling is just horrific
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote