Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #2699
Fabien Barthez
Spliff & A Brew

Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
EVERYONE in the MMA game knew Tito's back was bad and he'd need surgery. UFC also had the chance to pay for it when he was under contract and then refused.

Let's not make Tito out to be the bad guy here. He worked through his deal like you should and now is allowed to talk to whoever he wants about a new deal. Nothing wrong with that. These same people who bury Tito are alll still licking Randy Couture's balls and what he did was ten times worse.
Totally agree. Tito was offered a deal while he was still in the height of his drawing power, and worked through long term injury to keep his profile up, and that of UFC as well. He signed that deal with both parties knowing what we know now. Maybe UFC should have offered to help him out with the surgury, but with the bad blood and the fact that he has been outgoing in persuing alternative promotion doesn't really make me think UFC are in the wrong here, and Tito can probably afford it better than your average prelim. card journeyman.

And Randy signed a contract, then decided he wanted more money and acted like a bit of a bitch about it. Thats what contract NEGOTIATIONS are all about. He played the game wrong then cried at losing. Top bloke.

I'd never count the guy out, but I for the first time really hope he gets his arse handed to him, even if it is against Brock, who I thought was a classless asshole towards the end and just after the fight against Heath.