View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 09:49 PM   #1218
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Hug gif:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Despite agreeing to part ways with the company not too long ago, Mauro Ranallo is staying with WWE -- and he'll have a role on the NXT broadcast team going forward.

“WWE and I mutually agreed to end my responsibilities on SmackDown having nothing to do with rumors about disputes,” Ranallo wrote on his Instagram account. “As I remained under contract with WWE, we discussed a variety of options. Despite originally agreeing to part ways, there was always a desire to continue working together. We have come to terms on a new agreement that benefits both WWE and me, and I am thrilled to announce I will now be part of the NXT broadcasting team.”

Ranallo will be appearing at NXT's television tapings at Full Sail University tomorrow night. He tweeted that he will be the play-by-play voice of NXT.
Quote:
On the Mauro Ranallo story, the talks between WWE and Ranallo returning date back to April and the deal was all but finalized a few weeks ago. The original announcement was expected to be yesterday. Ranallo signed a new multi-year contract, so he is not returning on his old contract that expires in August. The contract is to work all NXT television tapings and TakeOver specials, so it's a lot more limited deal than his prior deal which was for 52 Tuesdays, a dozen or so Sundays which also meant being on the road on Mondays the week of Sunday shows, so a minimum of about 76 dates. He'll remain with Showtime and Bellator. But any talk of him doing New Japan is pretty much dead.
Some details regarding the Mauro story above.

Quote:
Vince Russo filed for an order of protection on 6/16 in Posey County Superior Court in Indiana claiming that Cornette has been stalking him since 1999. That's based on a promo Cornette cut on him on his 6/15 podcast. Cornette was served last night at his home in Louisville and ordered to stay away from Russo, Ann Russo, the home of Vince Russo and Russo's place of employment.
Quote:
WWE announced today a new weekly Hindi language television show called WWE Sunday Dhamaal, which airs from 6-8 p.m. every Sunday starting this weekend on Sony MAX. It will be a combination of matches taped from WWE tapings with features done in the language with the talent. The show will also air in English on TEN 1 and Ten 1 HD on Sundays from 10 a.m. to Noon.
Quote:
On last night's show we were asked if there were any women on the WWE writing team. The answer is there are no women on the traveling team, but the "home team" has at least one woman writer.
Quote:
WWE has confirmed five more wrestlers who will be participating in this summer's Mae Young Classic.

In an announcement that was made by ESPN, it was noted that Tessa Blanchard, Abbey Laith, Taynara Conti, Kavita Devi, and Jazzy Gabert would be taking part in the women's tournament. They join Toni Storm, Princesa Sugehit, Lacey Evans, and Sarah Logan as names already confirmed for the 32-competitor field.

Blanchard is the daughter of Tully Blanchard and the stepdaughter of "Magnum T.A." Terry Allen. She is only 21 years old but has been wrestling since 2014. She debuted for Stardom last year and has continued to appear for the promotion ...

With her getting a new in-ring name yesterday, Laith seemed like a lock for the Mae Young Classic. She wrestled as Kimber Lee and was a standout on the indies before being signed by WWE. She had been using her real name (Kimberly Frankele) in NXT before the name change.

Conti is also a fairly recent WWE signing who has been given a new name. The Brazilian (named Taynara Melo) debuted in a battle royal at an NXT house show earlier this year. She has a background in judo and jiu-jitsu.

Devi is from India and attended WWE's tryouts in Dubai this past April. She has trained with The Great Khali and has participated in weightlifting. Her being in the tournament was first revealed by the Times of India this morning.

Rounding out the list, Gabert (also known as Alpha Female) is a veteran pro wrestler from Germany. She has wrestled for wXw, Stardom, and has done a few matches for TNA. She has also competed in MMA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwi
New Japan star Katsuyori Shibata took to the internet and his "Real Talk" blog to update his health status.

He stated that even before this latest injury, he has been seeing double since the beginning of his career. He stated that he's had surgery on his eyes on three separate occasion over the years.

In regards to his current situation, he stated that the treatments are a "heavy burden to his body" because it involves sending currents (presumably electrical) to the injured parts of his body (which is his skull/brain).

He stated "there is no precedent" for his current treatment and that there are only a few machines that do this treatment in the country.

He said he gets desperate when he thinks about his condition and that his best hope at this point is to be able to have clearer vision than he does now.
Link with a summary of the announcement: https://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/877949879116472320

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Impact Wrestling has been locked in a legal battle with Matt and Jeff Hardy for the majority of this year over the rights to the Broken Matt and Brother Nero gimmicks ...

What complicates matters even more is Jeff Jarrett's personal friendship with Jeff Hardy. Jarrett recently spoke to Wrestle:List about the ongoing legal battle, where he gave his thoughts on the squabble.

"I always take the high road because there is legal squabbles or potential legal squabbles but I have said this to a couple of outlets, and I say this with very broad strokes – I am from Nashville so I am around music which is intellectual property and I have been in the business 30 years," Jarrett told Wrestle:List. "Intellectual property laws are very simple, there are two sides to it; there are publishers and the writers, then there are the performers as well."

"Jeff Hardy has been one of my best friends for 20 years, you can look on my social media and their social media, and we take family vacations together but business is business," Jarrett continued. "So when it relates to IP it's real simple, there is a publisher who owns the property, there is a writer who gets credit and can monetize it, then there is the performers. There is no question that Broken Matt and Brother Nero's performances were off the charts good. But when it comes to ownership to me it's almost a silly squabble, it's never been in question. Impact are the owners."
Link to the interview: http://www.wrestlelist.com/jeff-jarr...slammiversary/

Quote:
Today, a fan sent Reby an interview that Jeff Jarrett did recently, where he said he's taken "the high road" in legal issues with The Hardys and that there was no doubt that Impact Wrestling owned the "Broken" gimmick. Reby sent out multiple tweets about Jeff Jarrett and Impact and mentioned a DUI charge that hadn't been public:

Stop doing stupid interviews before I release your drunk texts & the DUI records that somehow haven't gotten out WAIT OOPS @RealJeffJarrett https://t.co/zmw14Y2QPF
— Reby Hardy (@RebyHardy) June 22, 2017

Don't say you wanna be done with drama in a quiet manner & then have company stooges like Jeff & Dutch give interviews spewing BS.

If the issue was as simple & cut/dry as these morons are trying to make it seem, I wouldn't have been out here fighting for my family.

Truth is TNA can't afford to go to court over this, so they're going to downplay it to anyone who will listen & lie to look powerful

Money is power. Never forget that. @RealJeffJarrett
Quote:
It's not known if the "free agent" storyline is being done to allow Cena to appear at RAW events when needed, however Cena is not currently scheduled for any WWE Monday Night RAW tapings through SummerSlam, including the post-SummerSlam episode of RAW. We have learned that Cena is scheduled for every Monday SmackDown house show that he is available through SummerSlam, including the post-SummerSlam SmackDown live event in Albany, NY, so he would not be able to work RAW on those Mondays unless it was close by.

Cena is also not currently scheduled for any other RAW live events through SummerSlam other than the two we mentioned, and is scheduled to work all the SmackDown live events that he is available during that period. Cena is also scheduled for every SmackDown Live TV taping through September with the exception of the August 8th episode.

Cena will also be appearing at the next SmackDown pay-per-view, WWE Battleground, on Sunday, July 23rd, which is the final SmackDown pay-per-view before SummerSlam. He will not be appearing at the last RAW pay-per-view before SummerSlam, Great Balls of Fire.

While WWE is running with the storyline that Cena is a free agent, he is unlikely to appear on Monday Night RAW anytime soon.
Updates to the recent Cena "Free Agent" news.

Quote:
The WWE sent out a survey to fans who attended WrestleMania this year in Orlando asking their preference when it comes to traveling to a WrestleMania in London, Toronto or New York
Quote:
In Memphis for years there has been a movement to save the Mid South Coliseum, which was the hope for wrestling from 1971 until well into the late 90s and they even ran successful nostalgia shows long after that. With new arenas opening, the Coliseum doesn’t have much use past its nostalgia value. Jerry Lawler noted that the city was willing to sell him the building for $1. The catch is that the building’s upkeep cost is $63,000 per month
Quote:
So a funny spot on the 6/13 Smackdown show is that JBL twice used the word “belt” as Lana laid out Naomi, saying the belt, which is blue, matches the dress noting fashion coordination. At that point somebody said something and JBL had his mic off but in the corner of the shot you could see him in a discussion
Quote:
The mentions of Conor McGregor on Raw this week were not coincidental, and things like that never are. Paul Levesque was on Sky Sports News HQ in the U.K. and outright said that they’d love to get McGregor and Floyd Mayweather on Raw to help them promote their fight. I’m sure the idea of the deal proposed is they’d have a worldwide platform with millions of fans to sell their fight and in return WWE would get the publicity and whatever ratings boost it can from promoting both being on the show. Plus, WWE has worked with Mayweather in the past to the point HHH himself has walked Mayweather to the ring, and they negotiated for McGregor for WrestleMania and having a relationship with them and McGregor makes sense on both sides

Some other sheet news includes:
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, NJPW star Tetsuya Naito celebrated his 35th birthday today. https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/877720056897060864
  • For those interested, the PC version of WWE 2k17 is currently $15 at Steam as part of Valve's current Summer Sale. Discount is 70% off and sale itself lasts till July 5th.
  • Channel Guide Magazine had a recent interview with Cody Rhodes talking about Bullet Club, HBK advice, and not having plans to return to the WWE. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...hawn-michaels/
  • According to the Observer, Daniel Bryan still wants to wrestle and has no plans of signing a new deal with the WWE once it expires late next year. Only thing that will likely persuade him to not wrestle is if medical tests reveal his health is at serious risk. Also more likely to work for CMLL than NJPW as his first post-WWE job. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...let_him_brian/
  • WWE's upcoming book about Ric Flair and Charlotte called "Second Nature" got delayed from its July release to now a September 19th release date.
  • Observer stated Kairi Hojo arrived in Orlando this week for the WWE while a recent press conference from Stardom stated Io Shirai will be taking some time off for rest and to heal nagging neck problems.

Last edited by Emperor Smeat; 06-23-2017 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Fixed the last news piece since it was Hojo who is at the PC and not Shirai
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote