View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 09:31 PM   #29
Emeye
Amsel Dominique

Emeye is "reptacular" (2,500+)Emeye is "reptacular" (2,500+)Emeye is "reptacular" (2,500+)
I actually can think of a lot, but my main one would have to be the general love for Dean Ambrose. I find his look, mic skills, gimmick, and in-ring ability all sub-par. I truly do. When I normally dislike a very liked wrestler, I can at least say that I understand why they could be appealing to others. But I truly do find everything about him not just "not great", but below average. Dean Ambrose should be a mid-card wrestler.

His look is about as bad as it gets - If he is to be the potential "top dog", him compaired to main eventers like HHH, Rock, Cena, etc, he looks like they just grabbed him from a booth in McDonalds. Since he isn't ripped, he should look tough/like he can kick my ass, but he doesn't. Guys like Austin for instance, they weren't ripped, but he still looked like he could kick someone's ass. Ambrose looks like he hasn't exercised in his life, and hasn't slept in weeks. Just doesn't look, healthy to me .... So, that leaves speed. HBK, Rollins, guys like that look like they have the speed to beat bigger guys. Ambrose looks like he has 0 quickness. The only credible champion that his appearance could be compared to off the top of my head is Foley. But Foley made up for that with ...

Mic skills. This is probably Ambrose's best feature, and I honestly even do find him to be below average here. I find him dull, and sometimes even corny when he cuts a promo. He doesn't, excite me, when he's on the mic.

His gimmick is meh to me. Foley was Mankind, Cactus Jack, Dude Love, even Mic Foley. When Foley was simply himself, that was enough. With Dean, not so much ... He's nothing really, he just came in with The Shield until they split, and that's about it. No idea about his backstory, which wouldn't matter if he had any type of character whatsoever. But he doesn't, he's just a wrestler. "The Lunatic Fringe" means nothing more than a bad nickname to me. I've yet to see him be much of lunatic, in a time where Jericho at his age, is the one taking thumbtack bumps. A lunatic is Brian Pillman, Roddy Piper. Not Dean Ambrose.

Lastly, in-ring skills. I'm sorry, I just don't see it. His best performances are average at best.

..... Other than my opposite opinion of Dean Ambrose I have a quite a few more. Just to throw some out, I first would say that I 100% agree with drave, Miz is the goods. I really think his current gimmick is his best and if pushed right could get over big as a heel.

Wasn't on the Daniel Bryan wagon. I enjoyed his in-ring work, but that's all. Found the Yes movement, and Team Hell No annoying. (Team Hell No is another one, it seemed everybody but me loved them). ... Ok that's enough for now. Great topic btw.
Emeye is offline   Reply With Quote