View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 07:29 AM   #765
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Of those three AJ Styles ideas, I am taking the Cena/Nikki vs. AJ/Nattie one as not the most likely one, given that I do think they will go with Miz & Maryse, but as the one that works within the paradigm of what they are already planning with the Cena/Nikki proposal. They can do all that with AJ & Nattie and play off established heat.

Universal Championship
Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar III

The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns

John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. AJ Styles & Natalya

Triple H vs. Seth Rollins

United States Championship
Chris Jericho (c) vs. Kevin Owens

Fatal 4-Way for the RAW Women's Championship
Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch

WWE Championship
Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton

Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Braun Strowman, Samoa Joe, Kane, Mark Henry, the RAW tag teams, etc.

Cruiserweight Championship
Neville (c) vs. Kota Ibushi

RAW Tag Team Championship
The Hardys (c) vs. The New Day

Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Baron Corbin vs. The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Apollo Crews vs. Kalisto vs. Luke Harper

SmackDown Women's Championship
Naomi (c) vs. Carmella

SmackDown Tag Team Championship
The Revival (c) vs. American Alpha

Kickoff Women's Match
Alexa Bliss vs. Mickie James

Kickoff Match for the WWE UK Championship
Tyler Bate (c) vs. Jack Gallagher

I'm still working under the assumption that the WWE might lure The Hardys over to work New Day at Mania, which is the only way I see the RAW Tag Titles being prominently featured. I almost went with Owens vs. Jericho being for the Universal Title, but something just seems more heavyweight about it going to Goldberg. I'm trying not to overthink things there. More realistically we get Cena & Nikki vs. Miz & Maryse with AJ Styles being in the Ladder Match or something. Or that proposed match with Shane. Nia Jax will also likely be in Becky's place while The Usos are probably facing Alpha on the pre-show. I can see Alexa turning on Mickie and teaming with Natalya to face Becky & Mickie on a Kickoff tag match to get them all on there. But I do think that the Naomi vs. Carmella shit could be a way that they go.

Some people don't seem to think that Kota Ibushi is a possibility for Mania, but I can see Tozawa and Metalik getting burnt out and turned into "just another guys" very quickly. Ibushi gains a lot of value by not being involved in the division. If Vince gets it in his head that Neville vs. Ibushi will make his 205 Live the bestest cruiserweight show that's ever been, I really don't see him feeling too much sensitivity towards the cruiserweights he has already burnt through and given the gimmick of being complete geeks to. It might upset dudes that they aren't going to be in more major matches whilst Ibushi gets a main roster spot, but he's garnish on the side, really. He's there to help the Cruiserweight Division, and it's possible that he puts over Neville and makes the guy they are hanging their purple hat on look as grand as possible. It's really not insane, as I think Ibushi will have a clear schedule WrestleMania weekend and will likely do whatever it is they ask him to for the right money.

Plus, it has actually been rumored and Meltzer has pretty much got the card nailed. He hasn't said anything about it in a long time, but the idea has been floated by at least someone. There was also that "Six Star Match" buzz. Ibushi is the dude who can get to that level. Neville is the only dude in the CW Division who is actually over.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote