View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #1379
Next Big Thing

Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimzon7 View Post
I hate goddell so fucking much.
I have mixed feelings about Goodell. Sometimes I think he's overreacting and sometimes I think he's doing what he can to send a message. It's such a complicated situation. Players and fans are upset about the suspensions related to hits and the Saints situation, but he has to do those things when you have situations like this:

Quote:
ATLANTA -- Four former NFL players have filed the latest lawsuit claiming the league didn't properly protect players from concussions.

The lawsuit filed Monday in state court in Atlanta cites the controversy surrounding New Orleans' bounty system as evidence the league has long glorified violent hits.

The NFL's investigation found that as many as 27 Saints defenders from the past three seasons may have taken part in the club's pay-for-pain bounty system.

The complaint was filed on behalf of Myron Guyton, Lomas Brown, Jessie Small and Willie Whitehead. It was filed by attorney Von DuBose, who's also an NFL agent.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/78...bounty-program

The same players who complain about the game changing are the ones who will join up in one of these lawsuits and say the league didn't do enough to protect them. If he lets anyone involved in that off with a slap on the wrist, that's more fuel for their case. I agree that Goodell cares more about the league's bottom line than he does about player safety, but isn't it his job to protect the league from billion dollar class action lawsuits? Companies have quality control inspectors so they don't get sued, not because they care so much about the consumer.

Don't today's current players realize that if the league is successfully sued, it could affect them financially and in terms of how they are able to play the game? If fans hate the current rules, what do you think is going to happen if the league is found negligent in Federal Court? The jackass politicians in Washington would be all about regulating the sport and the result would be a lot worse in my humble opinion.