View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 10:37 PM   #43
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
I think it's more important to limit the number of former champions than it is to police the length of reigns
I was thinking this at Elimination Chamber. Something about the way Mauro Ranallo delivered the line of "Bray Wyatt is your newest WWE Champion" or something like that made me think "If only if AJ Styles weren't a first-time champion just a reign ago." All these crowning moments dilutes their power. Carmella and Eva Marie are the only women on SmackDown that have not won a championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
The problem with the RAW division is instead of making is about contendership they make it about the title.
I think this is quite an important observation. What does being a champion mean if your division means shit? So often you just see the champion and a challenger active in a program, and it has this revolving door effect which makes it easy for viewers to tune out. By having compelling programs away from the belt, you make the ultimate prize mean that much more.

Bayley vs. Sasha, in my opinion, should be a blood feud away from the belt. It should be about who gets to climb over the other and get a shot at their dream. Charlotte is perfect as champion, but you don't need to have her around every week or involved in these swaps all the time. Nia Jax can be squashing jobbers and not even getting a sniff until she actually gets properly over. It looks like we are going to get all four of the women in one match at WrestleMania however.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote