View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #32
Hitman84

Hitman84 has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)Hitman84 has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Mason Ryan

The arrival of Mason Ryan from FCW seems to me like the perfect chance for them to do a 'British Invasion' kind of angle... They have this dude from Wales, Drew McIntyre from Scotland, Wade Barrett from England and Sheamus from Ireland (I know Ireland isn't part of Britain, but still). They could also have Finlay, from Northern Ireland, and William Regal from England as manager/advisor types.

Have them come out saying American wrestling is shit and hark back to the good old days in the UK when wrestling was promoted like boxing is. They could demand to hold matches under old British rules, with three minute rounds, two out of three falls (unless a DQ, count out or knock out - all of which end the match immediately), tope rope moves illegal, titles CAN change hands on count out and DQ and all that.

Could be a great way of garnering some heel heat like Regal did in 2001 vs Jericho, I forget the PPV, I think it was a Backlash, in that 'Duchess of Queensberry' (sic, should be Queensbury) rules match. Each time the face gets the upper hand, or scores a fall, or whatever, there'd be something in the old British rules that would mean it wouldn't count or that would get them DQ'd or something like that.

Thoughts on the angle? Who could credibly lead the faction, if it happened? I'd say Sheamus or Barrett, but what do you think?
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote