View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 01:56 PM   #110
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb2k View Post
Interesting. Let's do a comparison for the fun of it...

Mania 13 - Taker carried it to the worst buyrate in Mania history - 1 to Taker, I guess.
Mania 20 - Taker's Deadman return played a part, but carrying would be excessive praise.
Mania 21 - Carried by HHH/Batista
Mania 22 - Carried by Cena/HHH, 1 to Cena
Mania 23 - I'd say they Taker and Cena carry equal weight to each other, both eclipsed by Trump.
Mania 24 - Carried by Floyd and Flair
Mania 25 - Carried by Orton/HHH (and not very far) - 1 to Orton
Mania 26 - Carried by Taker/Shawn 2, but again did a relatively disappointing number. 2 for Taker
Mania 27 - Carried by the Rock/Cena dynamic, 2 to Cena
Mania 28 - Rock/Cena, 3 to Cena
Mania 29 - Rock/Cena, 4 to Cena
Mania 30 - Authority Vs. Bryan, mostly HHH and Bryan with Orton and Big Dave as secondary players.
Mania 31 - Brock/Roman carried it.
Mania 32 - Taker/Shane - 3 for Taker

So in truth, we have 4 for Cena, 3 for Taker (one which did a mediocre number, one which did a flat out abysmal number, the other did well), 1 for Randy.
I wasn't looking to go back to the Attitude Era, I was only talking about Manias during Cena's run. My point was Taker's matches and the The Streak played a bigger role than the majority of Cena's matches.

In reality, you take away the program with Rock which covered 3 straight Manias, Cena has never really been the focal point alone. Whereas with Taker every year there was interest in his opponent challenging The Streak. But to be fair to Cena, most of the recent Manias are sold on a handful of matches vs one super match. So nobody really is put in the position of selling the show on their own. I just think if you went year by year, Taker's matches on a whole had more interest.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote