View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 06:04 PM   #218
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
According to the Observer, Brock-Shane was the plan for Mania before Goldberg got brought back.

The idea was originally Vince's and had a lot of push back from upper management who hated the idea. Also seems like a portion of management still hasn't warmed up to Shane being back in prominent role in the company.

Ben part of a larger theme this year of management starting to push back more against Vince and his plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
"That's why it was such a fight to get Goldberg because there were people who were very much pushing - 'we've got a plan, we've got a plan' ya know? And Vince ended up being convinced that Bill Goldberg was a better plan than Shane McMahon as a plan, which ruffled some key people's feathers."

He went on to say, "A lot of politics go through these decisions and a lot of people have different ideas of what will and won't get over. I'm not even saying this was personal agenda because this wasn't Shane I'm talking about although I'm sure Shane wasn't down for Goldberg vs. Lesnar at WrestleMania either but he's not in power. But the people who were, they felt that for whatever reason, that it wasn't the right idea but Vince overruled - I mean he didn't overrule them, it's Vince's rule - Vince ruled, Vince made the call and there were a lot of people against the finish of the Goldberg/Lesnar match and Vince ruled in that direction as well, so, just how things go."
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...ck_lesnars_wm/
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote