View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 10:17 PM   #317
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I actually answered that. It's not motive. It's a plot tool to insert him into the story. Him having lasers shooting out of his eyes is not motive. Of course it's used to get him to Xavier. Beyond that there's nothing there. We don't know what he thinks of himself, his powers, what he wants to do with them

Quicksilver was explained in his intro scene in the last one. He is aimless because his father, who he has never met, abandoned him and he's lacking guidance and purpose for his powers so he uses them steal. Xavier gives him a reason to use them for good, it sticks with him, as does the identity of his father, and that's sorta expanded on here by finally deciding he'd like to join the gang. Simple. One scene. Some dialogue. And now you know who he is and what he's about. A side character getting some motive.

Scott clearly knew he was different and had trouble adapting early. But that's it. He gets sunglasses and that's the end of it. Nothing else about him id's expanded on.

You said it was a revenge story for him. Where's the part where he wants revenge? You can assume that's what he wants but it's not even implied. He goes after Stryker to save the crew and then fights Apocalypse to save Xavier and the world. Why? Well he just happened to be there so why not I guess.

The kid ends up being a leader. We know this is going to happen. At no point do they even hint that this a character trait for him. He has no character traitsl. He's a kid with eyes that shoot lasers. That's it.

They did a fine job with Jean. We got it and we got it early. A few lines here and there, one bad dream and a brief convo with Xavier and now you know who Jean is, why she's there, and what she looks to accomplish. In one scene and a few lines. She's a side character.

It's not hard. These are all common complaints in virtually every review of this film. It wasn't panned out trashed but this who did not enjoy or found to be whatever are saying he same things. It doesn't mean it's a terrible movie nor does it mean you can't like it or enjoy it. If you liked it, great. I didn't hate it. I thought it was ok. I found things to be lackingl. I'm clearly not the only one.
Damian Rey 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote