View Single Post
Old 12-20-2003, 04:52 AM   #13
Cactus Sid
Smashing Blouse

Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)
Won't United just think, oh well, and just go and buy a couple of really good players, making the team even stronger when he returns.

What I think a lot of you are forgetting is that a law of the game has been broken. He missed his test. No excuses needed. How long does it take to do a drugs test? Why should the FA have to stay all day waiting for a player who fucked off to do his own thing. The whole point of Random drugs testing is that it is done there and then, to expose people. It is a serious offence to miss one. Do you think Athletes can get away with it? If an athlete misses a drugs test, regardless of whether he makes up for it, he must expect to recieve a ban, unless cirumstances are such that an excuse warrants the chance to postpone the test. Ferdinand's excuses range from "moving house" to simply "forgetting", excuse me but neither of those seem to be good enough excuses, so he should be punished.

Looking at the rest. Davids and Stam's bans, I can't explain. Were they both playing in Italy at the time? That would explain the length of the bans being so similar, so yes there is continuity. Of course, taking drugs is worse than not taking the test, but this is an issue for the Italian FA, also, I believe that they were not the only people who tested positive at the time, so I'm guessing the Italian FA felt it would be unwise to ban a number of people for a long length of time at the same time. Also, isn't nandrolone a relatively recent drug on the market, i'm not sure about this, but if it was, then the reason for the lower bans is that they could be percieved mearly as a supplement.

The Bosnich situation, again I'm not 100% sure, but what exactly does Cocaine do to the body to make you play better? Also, at the time he didn't have a club, Rio on the other hand is being paid what... 70 grand a week? He'll be fine in the time he's away, and while Bosnich made a lot of money in football, he wont be making any in those 9 months.

You also seem to forget that the "one rule for United, one for everyone else" does apply. Unfortunatly for you, its the first time its worked against Man U.

Also, you talk about "political motivation" "stamping authority" in a high-profile case. I say... good for them. Its about time they told clubs that they can't walk all over the FA, and that rules are there to be adhered to, and not adhered to "when you feel like it".

As for other cases, I'd need to look into them a bit more, but I'm sure they have reasons for certain actions and reasons for others.

Boy, I can't wait to hear Andy Gray's voice on Sunday.