View Single Post
Old 12-22-2003, 11:20 AM   #35
Cactus Sid
Smashing Blouse

Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by packt up
Yeah thats right - because Man U are bigger than football itself.
Exactly, this is what Man Utd seem to think, they seem to believe they are some what above the law. Man Utd are just as at fault as Rio Ferdinand in this whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
yeah, lol Sid, it's well funny we'll have lost one of 2 decent defenders for Euro 2004

yeah mate yeahhhh well funny.

(Neville was the other good defender btw)
You know something, if Neville turns around and decides not to play for England, he is a disgrace. Same for Ferdinand. If they both end up not playing for England, they don't deserve to play for the country, they are not above England, they are not making a point, they are shitting on England for doing it, and yet this appears to be something people would support. I'm not gonna start a whole argument about it, because everyone has different opinions, but I feel John Terry is better than Rio, and I think Neville is replaceable.

Furthermore, the reason the situation is different from you to footballers, is because clubs are obliged under the rules of the game to ensure that there players adhere to the rules, if they breach the rules, as Ferdinand has, they must expect to be punished. If someone misses a drugs test in most sports it is thus assumed a drug has been consumed, and that person must be reprimanded. What you are basically saying is that, you can miss a drugs test, not be reprimanded, take some drugs, and cheat. Do you wanna see cheating in Football or something?

Also, your analogy of Doctor's appointment doesn't stand up, Doctor's appointments are usually arranged for a reason, such as symptoms that you are concerned about, or an appointment related to a recent injury or surgery where they need to be sure of certain things.

In football, the whole point of Random drugs tests are to catch out someone who may have been cheating.

This whole thing.... I can understand that you might be angry at the length of the ban, but you cannot deny that the player has deliberately missed a drugs test, and this is punishable in some cases with a 2 year ban from the game. The player KNEW he was supposed to take a drugs test, his fellow players TOOK the test, yet he decided to LEAVE the ground. He and Man Utd are both at fault, and he got what he had coming to him, he really is that simple.