View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 01:01 PM   #19
PapaGeorgio
2015 TPWW FANTASY CHAMP

PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
I can somewhat agree with what he is saying. I think part of the problem is people close to my age (college kids) tend to have a limited scope on what they see. So when they see a Will Ferrell movie or watch Donnie Darko/Boondock Saints they automatically make it out to be the best thing ever. But just because they overrated something doesn't mean it is terrible. Do I think Will Ferrell is terribly overrated, yes, but I can still laugh at his shit.

Addiitonally, I understand you point of nothing but dick and fart jokes, to take a line from Kevin Smith (who I am a fan of for the record). One of my favorite shows is The Joey Bishop Show, an older show from the 60's, or for more popular example a show like Honeymooners. The jokes on there are just so basic, yet they are fairly rare by today standards which make them hilarious to me. They also are much more pure, something shitty sitcoms lack today (According To Jim, etc).

Finally, I think your problem is you just need to expand your horizon. Watch some of the shows people mentioned above, they are all great. Go download The Larry Sanders Show series, start getting into the independent movie scene. But to be honest I'm not sure how much you'd like those, cause I generally hate a few of the shows you mentioned like Leno, but at same time love Ghostbusters. Also if you haven't watched TAXI, the tv show not the shitty movie.
PapaGeorgio is offline   Reply With Quote