View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #10
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Cruz View Post

AL East

1. New York Yankees

Despite the AL East looking stacked, the Yankees seem like the clear choice here. They boast a great looking rotation and have depth at the AAA level should it be needed. Of course there’s the offense, which won’t be an issue at all. Mariano Rivera, Rafael Soriano, and David Robertson should form a three-headed monster in the back of the bullpen. I’d be shocked if the Yanks didn’t make the playoffs for the 17th time in 18 years.

2. Boston Red Sox (WC 1)

It will be a drama filled year in Boston, but Bobby Valentine is a good manager. I think he’ll right the ship and rebound from last year’s collapse with a vengeance. I definitely see a huge bounce back year from Carl Crawford, and the offense in general seems like it can carry the team. The bullpen is a bit spotty, but I think their rotation will come through – including a big year from Daniel Bard now that he’s finally a starter.

3. Tampa Bay Rays (WC 2)

I flip flopped a lot on my 2nd wild card pick, but it only seems fitting that the division that has been dominant in the Wild Card era will get both of them this year. They just have a ton of young talent and Joe Maddon always seems to get the best out of his players. Evan Longoria is fun to watch, and their rotation is teeming with good young pitching. Look for Matt Moore to be a beast in his first full big league season.
With the news of the Red Sox loosing Bailey for almost the entire season (I think August is his early return date), probably going to be Tampa taking the #2 spot.

Tampa is deep in quality for bullpen and pitching while Red Sox bullpen might be just as bad as last year and has no quality depth. Red Sox also have huge issues for #4 and #5 starters but do have stronger hitting and power in their lineup.