Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 03:04 AM   #2403
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien Barthez View Post
Keeping it short....

The difference in training and motivation in Herring pre and post Jake O'Brien are very well documented. He stepped up after that fight to be considered a contender.

Jardine and Greg Jackson openly admitted they knew Houston Alexander is a fast starting, hard hitting one dimentional fighter. Jardine just lost. The article is on Sherdog somewhere.

Not winning many fights because you haven't had many is much different from not winning many fights because you keep losing them. I don't doubt Wand, being a legend with a solid record only needs another win to put him in line, but he hasn't got it yet.

Arlovski being a top 10 Heavyweight means that that loss mattered and matters. It was his toughest opponent to date, and Werdum lost. Just because a guy leaves the promotion, doesn't mean his record vanishes.

You can talk about Vera beating Mir, and fair enough. It is his best win. But we all know How lucky Frank is to even be in the position he is now in. He sucked pretty bad the 2 fights previous.

Fact is, Rob is right about the LHW's, Wand needs another win.

As for the Heavy's, Randy's biggest conflict is about money, they have to put him in the biggest draws to make the right money for him to fight. I think Lesnar is quite lucky getting this fight, but he wouldn't have got it had he not been nearly as dominating against Herring. Werdum I don't think would represent the top guy in the division. Lesnar could.
ok... in terms of the motivation of herring, whatever, he looked out of shape and didnt try and finish the fight with nogiera which was two fights after.

Jardine may have known Houston was one demensional, but knowing from tapes from another promotion if they even had that or just hearing from others is waaaaaay different than being able to break his style down in the UFC or seeing him first hand. Thats not even a good point you brought up, its just stating the odvious.

you agree with me on wand even though you will say you dont...

ummm yes in terms of UFC contention with two wins under his belt since, a loss to arlovski doesnt really matter because hes not in line in front of him.

you conceded the point on vera

Yes wand should have another win, but it would not be rediculous to give him a shot now if they so chose.

Lesnar would have gotten the fight no matter how he won because he brings in a lot of wrestling fans that dont know anything about fighting and that means $$$ for Dana's pockets. Its all about money.

Quote:
Oh, and this cunt negged me for saying things that were true and dismissing his poor arguments against. Fuck you Reav, you stupid dick. :foc:
you cry like a little girl. change the tampon and get over it.

Quote:
Call me a dumbass? You stupid motherfucker.
you are a dumbass

Last edited by Reavant; 09-09-2008 at 03:14 AM.