View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #127
Swiss Ultimate
Amazon Affiliate

Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
no idea what you mean by that first sentance.
Sorry. I'm talking about the level of risk doing any move presents. Any move that has the risk of a full impact to an unprotected skull should not become so common place that it is literally done dozens of times on a single show much less in a single match.

As for moves that make it appear that a person is being dropped or smashed onto their neck and head, there are techniques that do in fact lessen impact and lessen the risk for injury. Taz was known for doing moves that, had it been someone with less skill or control, would have lead to injury, paralysis or death.

And Clox, the human body (especially the head and neck) is relatively fragile. This complaint of yours about the WWE is patently ridiculous. Your knowledge of human physiology is frightening and if I was a wrestler I'd want my partner/opponent to have some respect for my safety rather than a cavalier attitude like, "the human body can take tons of punishment, you'll be okay."

Simple piledrivers, powerbombs, german suplexes, botched moonsaults, shooting star presses, clotheslines etc. etc. etc. have lead to injuries far beyond what people would expect. If I, an untrained non-wrestler, were to attempt an actual tombstone piledriver (something I won't even do with my kids on a bed as for some strange reason throwing my kids on their heads and necks seems a bit draconian.) I would most likely break someone's neck.

Wrestling matches should factor in this risk in a way that will pay off better for everyone. When moves with the potential to do bodily harm are placed into a match the announcers should push those moves, wrestlers should sell the hell out of them and they should be rare enough that fans will actually care when they see them.

And what fans are rallying for more head-drop moves? I'm 100% certain that taking out any and all moves involving the simulation of wrestlers being driven or dropped head-first onto the mat or floor would result in 0% revenue loss. The only gain from the inclusion of these unimaginative moves that no longer impress or amaze is injury, paralysis and death. I watched all those videos and you know what? Don't give a fuck. Didn't bat an eye at the carnage. You know what makes me cringe?

Swiss Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote