Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 01:35 PM   #432
Mercury Bullet
The Year of the Bullet

Mercury Bullet puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mercury Bullet puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mercury Bullet puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mercury Bullet puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mercury Bullet puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mercury Bullet puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mercury Bullet puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mercury Bullet puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mercury Bullet puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Liddell didn't look terrible, but I think he needs time off to refocus and retrain to get back into the upper-tier. As for why I wouldnt put him in the top 5, or why I don't think most others would put him in the top 5 is because the LHW division is WAY too crowded to give Liddell a top 5 spot just for being Chuck Liddell. He lost. He lost a very important fight between two guys on the fringe of the title scene.

My top 5 for example:
#1. Quinton Jackson - Winner, Current Title Holder
#2. Forrest Griffin - Winner, defeated consensus #1 in the world
#3. Houston Alexander - Winner, unproven but has looked unbelievably dominant, the likes of which we haven't even really seen before
#4. Keith Jardine - Winner, defeated the 'face' of UFC
#5. Wanderlei Silva - Struggled recently in PRIDE, is coming off a long layoff, MUCH hype around his UFC debut

So, Silva is the only one with a question mark by him. You could stretch that to Houston Alexander I suppose. I think that is a pretty justified top 5.