Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 10:02 PM   #438
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet
This is the top 10 as I think most organizations will perceive it:
#1. Quinton Jackson - Undisputed Champion
#2. Wanderlei Silva - Former Elite Fighter, Long Layoff, Highly Anticipated Return
#3. Forrest Griffin - Knocked off #1 in the world, Fan favorite, TUF winner
#4. Dan Henderson - Competitive loss to Undisputed Champ
#5. Keith Jardine - Win over biggest name in MMA (to the casual fan)
#6. Mauricio Rua - Loss, but will remain highly ranked until defeated again
#7. Chuck Liddell - Will stay in the top 10 until he retires or loses to a lower-tier opponent
#8. Houston Alexander -Dominant but unproven
#9. Tito Ortiz - No longer in his prime, important rematch coming up that will likely decide much of his future
#10. Rashad Evans - Unproven, needs a win over Tito to move up anytime soon
I know that many websites are gonna use a ranking much like yours but i have a problem with it.

#1. Quinton Jackson - agree
#2. Wanderlei Silva - agree till he comes in and chokes... i hope thats not the case but history loves repeating itself
#3. Keith Jardine - has to be put over forrest for now at least until theres a rematch
#4. Dan Henderson - i think hes a top 3 fighter but hes not in line for a while till he gets a few more fights.
#5. Forrest Griffin - this is where forrest needs to be.
#6. Chuck Liddell - real bad loss to jardine, not cuz he was dominated but because he didnt do what he needed to do
#7. Houston Alexander -could be the mike tyson of MMA but needs to proove it
#8. Mauricio Rua - real bad loss needs to avenge it
#9. Tito Ortiz - past his prime and prolly shouldnt be in the top 10 but oh well
#10. Rashad Evans - needs to drop to 185 or put on some size, he looks way too small and hes not strong enough to hang in my opinion.